Saturday, July 28, 2012

I believe ... it's Christmas in July!

"I believe ... "

I'm a huge fan of the movie Miracle on 34th Street, and love the scene where Natalie Wood's mom tells her that faith is believing in something when common sense tells you not to, so I took that part from a longer sentiment (originally from a mini KaiserCraft set that read "I believe in you") to use on my SFYTT July sketch. I've made a few Christmas cards this month, having been prompted to do so by my favorite local stamp store, Capture-a-Memory. It's a good idea to make a few each month so that the need for Christmas cards doesn't sneak up on you in November, don't you agree?! I've never liked to pick one design and assembly line make multiples of that one design. "Christmas in July" was CAM's ongoing theme this month, for the most part!

stamps: KaiserCraft's Proud mini stamp set; paper: Authentique's Wonder DP, SU's Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, and Vanilla card stocks; inks: Ranger's antique linen and black soot distress inks; tools: Creative Memories' circle cutter, SU's stocking builder punch (BTW, have you seen SU's mitten bulder punch in the holiday catalog?!)

No comments: