Friday, June 8, 2012

movie day at the Blondin's

I took a vacation day from work today to celebrate my eldest's first day out of school, and the whole family took in the Avengers. My youngest already saw it when it was released last month, but the rest of us hadn't! LOVED seeing Samuel Jackson play Nick Fury as director of S.H.I.E.L.D, and him calling so many of the Marvel Super Heroes - including Black Widow, Captain America, Hawkeye, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor - into action to band together to defend global security when it's  threatened by Loki.

(I've gotta admit, I wasn't familiar with either the Black Widow or Hawkeye (except from MASH) characters, and I've still got to rent the latest Hulk as I haven't seen that yet ... having a couple boys, you would have thought I'd seen 'em all, eh?!)

Pretty good stuff ... all action, all the time. I never DID get up to refill that drink during the entire show, LOL! Part of my fun in going to these Marvel Comics flicks is spotting Stan Lee during the film (... ditto for watching Alfred Hitchcock movies! I just caught Rear Window on TV the other day again). So, have you seen it yet?