Monday, January 2, 2012

have a beautiful day, Mom!

We celebrated my Mom's b'day today at my sister Karen's house, and I realized that the paper I wrapped her present in matched my Cherry Cobbler card stock ... which was included in the great plaid used in the colorQ CQC116 challenge. I'd intended to make a plaid card using a new-to-me SU Perfect Plaid stamp set acquired recently so I made a card yesterday stamped on Crumb Cake, but decided this morning that the colors looked too muted so I made a plaid out of 1/4" strips of card stock. You can see a tiny bit of the prior card base below the card strip card. Want to know another thing I noticed as I stamped the inside sentiment? The font used in mftstamps' Framed Greetings set matches that used in the "Birthday hugs and wishes" stamp that's part of SU's Hugs & Wishes stamp set! How cool is that?!


stamps: mftstamps' Framed Greetings, PTI's Ripe Avocado, SU's Hugs & Wishes; paper: SU's Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Kiwi Kiss; ink: Ranger's black soot distress ink, SU's Cherry Cobbler; accessories: SU's Cherry Cobbler seam binding; tools: mftstamps' Framed Greetings die and Cuttlebug

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! i adore the graphic CAS style of this beauty, great design

Cheryl said...

How totally cool is this card? I love it. The colors and woven paper are fabulous.