Thursday, November 24, 2011

happy thanksgiving

and happy b'day to my stampin' buddy Pat, as they both fall on the same day this year! I've been a slacker lately and didn't get cards for Thanksgiving made so sent some of my fav e-cards from the lovely and talented Jacquie Lawson's site.

But I digress ... today's card is based on Clean & Simple Stamping's FTL165 sketch. I had the DP in my stash and the sentiment and a couple of the leaves were from a new stamp set while another leaf is from an SU stamp set I got last year. Isn't it interesting how similar they are? The band of orange is from the reverse of this 2-sided DP, and I cut and popped up the largest of the leaves.

We're back home now, but spent a good part of this afternoon at my sister's home. We had a nice sit-down dinner consisting of turkey, stuffing, whole cranberry sauce, hash brown casserole, green bean casserole, rolls, cider, eggnog, and ambrosia fruit salad for dessert. Rumor had it that there was pumpkin pie and whipped cream as well, but I was stuffed! Everything was great, and my compliments to the chefs, not to mention great company too!

My usual custom is to watch Miracle on 34th Street on Thanksgiving and I've pulled out the b&w version of the 1947 movie to watch this evening. I have this movie in both b&w and colorized DVD versions (tho' I couldn't locate the colorized version today ... I prefer the 1947 b&w one), and have a 1994 version of the movie in color on VHS tape. My DH and I keep our DVDs in the living room, while the boys keep theirs in their own rooms; however, my eldest son keeps raiding our stash and we have to hunt down movies occasionally!

stamps: SU's Falling Leaves, There She Goes' Autumn; paper: Paper Loft's Autumn DP, Staples' white card stock; ink: SU's Close to Cocoa, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, and Really Rust

No comments: