Sunday, October 30, 2011

autumn splendor

This card's the result of a weekend outing where my stampin' buddy Pat and I took in a make- 'n-take at my fav local paper crafting store, Capture-a-Memory. The lovely and talented Jill led us in making a couple projects - today's card and a tube containing goodies w Halloween poem tag. Tho' it looks pretty brown in this picture, the card stock background is more like a dark cranberry, and the green sentiment is much darker IRL.

I loved the grunge stamp we used to "texturize" the card stock background using Versamark. The leaves were cut from multicolored DP using one of the store's vast die collection, distressed, then some glued onto chipboard, others placed directly on the card base. If you purchase paper there, you're welcome to use their dies, and if you're a member, you get not only access to some member-only dies but discounts on all product. Using the Ellison machine at my youngest son's school had been one of my fav parts of being his Homeroom Mom in elementary school.

very few deets today - all supplies provided and I was too lazy to ask about them

stamp: Kaisercraft Grunge

1 comment:

Susan (rainy) said...

How fun to take in a make-'n-take with a friend and come away with such a gorgeous creation. Love it!