Tuesday, May 10, 2011

it's THAT time of year!

My DH and I wed in July, but according to the kind folkes at yahoo, the most popular months for weddings are May - August. All totally unscientific, but it is what it is. My boss asked me to create a wedding card for her niece who's getting married this coming weekend. I knew that I wanted to use chrysanthemums in their wedding colors, but I don't have a stamp for that, so I snitched the actual flowers from their invite web pages. This is the 2nd wedding I've been involved in that had a web presence. The other one used Facebook to set up an event and issued invites from it for a wedding shower.

The text was PC-generated but is from a stamp set that I own ... and the inside sentiment was of excerpts lifted from an inspirational piece originally titled Heaven in 2011 by Harold W. Becker, president and founder of The Love Foundation. Harold regularly used "Love, light and peace" as part of his signature text, and that was the wedding's theme.

stamps: SU's Congrats; paper: SU's Whisper White plain and textured card stock; ink: PC-generated and SU's Soft Suede; accessories: Diamond Stickles (could you spot it on the flowers?), unknown Tonic butterfly punch

1 comment: