Sunday, February 6, 2011

OLW39 Love Muffin

A two-fer today, the inside sentiment on this card reads,

"OK, so technically it's a Love cupcake ... but
Happy Valentine's Day!"

I used my neglected Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up most of the repeated stamp for the border but threw caution to the wind and just winged it on the top line. After all, it was a clear stamp, right?! I'm counting the heart rain dots and baker's twine as bling, so here I go, stretching all the rules in another challenge. Hey, it was INSPIRED by Susan R's One-Layer-Wednesday challenge, anyway!

You know that ultra creamy and light whipped frosting that's methinks mainly whipped confectioners sugar? Well, that was what we got to play with on Friday in the Great Court where I work (insert shameless plug for Kettering University here). Provided were heart-shaped sugar cookies, 3 different color frostings, and a variety of sprinkles for decorations. I made a couple cookies for my two sweeties who picked me up from work. It was also my boss' birthday so the Sodexo group who run the cafeteria at work had made her a chocolate-chocolate cake, which I got to sample (and take 4 slices home for dessert!). So ... I'm figuring it was a good idea that I put in some extra walking over the weekend; don't you agree?! (grin) Anywho, I used SU's white shimmer paint to mimic the frosting (long story short, you say?!). We had a special heart smart promo going on and one of our gifted carpenters/woodworkers fashioned a pretty kewl heart backdrop for assorted pictures. We were encouraged to wear red, decorate cookies, and have our pics taken. Well, I did 2 out of 3, anyway ... but here's a picture of my scrappin' buddies (L-R) KimmiR and Brit (and KimT - and they're all lunch buddies too)!


stamps: Inkadinkado's Birthday Cupcake, The Cat's Pajamas' Loving Mew; paper: SU's Kraft Crumb Cake card stock; ink: Ranger's black soot distress ink, SU's Kraft Crumb Cake and Whisper White; accessories: Cloud9 Design's heart rain dots, The Twinery's Maraschino baker's twine

1 comment:

Deborah Frings said...

Such a fun card!! Love the image!