Monday, January 3, 2011

an inspired valentine

Inspired by Susan Raihala of Simplicity blog fame (see this and that post), here's another Valentine's Day card in one of my favorite color combos - black and white with a splash of color - and that of my most frequently used splash of color, a bright red.

It was intended as a smaller (4-1/2") square card, but I found a couple red and white scraps when I went to my card stock stash that weren't much smaller, so it ended up as a 4-1/8 x 3-3/4" card. I stamped two envelopes, then cut one envelope out and popped it up over the other. I matted the envelope and sentiment on black card stock, and popped up that matted envelope and sentiment section onto a red base. I have some pop dots that are only 1/16" thick so this will still fit in the mail easily.

I find these Forever in Time 1/16" thick pop-dots at local dollar stores; they're 1/4" wide and are my preferred pop dots now. It's probably my most frugal scrap-related purchase, as I even save and cut apart the backing to use as pop dots as well!

stamps: Hero Arts' Just A Note, Unity Stamps' Love Grows, and SU's Holidays & Wishes (inside sentiment); paper: Color Mates' Light Berry Red, Paper Reflections' black, and SU's Whisper White card stocks; ink: Ranger's black soot distress ink, SU's Real Red; accessories: Cloud9 Design's heart rain dots self-adhesive accents

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute Card!

I have a cricut cart giveaway going right now. Feel Free to check my blog for details:)