Saturday, October 9, 2010

them thar's spooky words!

But ... not TOO spooky, agree?! I like the mono- chromatic look of this card - it's all about natural white, kraft, and black ... topped off with some DELISH flocked DP! So I HAD to use my new Crumb Cake ink for the full moon, right?! Of COURSE! (so glad you agreed!)

I'm cooling it today and my goal is to make a b'day card for my sweet niece but I'd had this DP staring me in the face for the past week or so. I picked it up last weekend at Capture-a-Memory while perusing the "new to you" items at their sidewalk sale. So ... today's a two-fer. As my blog auto mirror posts to Facebook, hers will have to wait 'til AFTER her b'day to emerge.

I dunno about you, but I don't get a card done daily. Some weeks there are multiples on a daily basis; other weeks I seem to only get crafty on weekends. Hey, some weeks pass by when I don't get crafty at all!

Today I MEANT to donate platelets at the Red Cross, but I forgot and took a "low dose" aspirin (it's a recent daily medical regimen) this past Thursday. I spoke to someone yesterday who assured me I was okay to donate, but this a.m. I wanted to be sure and mentioned it to the nurse before I started my questionnaire portion of my donation registration, and she confirmed that I shouldn't donate 'cuz I'd had aspirin within the past 48 hours.

So, instead I did what any natural-born crafter would do ... I went in search of necessary crafty items to support the local economy. Today that meant taking my two 40% and one 50% off coupons to JoAnn's! I saw an ol' working buddy and his bride from back in my GM days - hi Terry! - and we talked kids and scrapping and card-making for a bit before going on our separate ways. I picked up some SWEET DP and card stock and Halloween supplies using my coupons ... more to follow on that in another post while Mrs Terry picked up a cool music ek success border punch!

stamps: A Muse Artstamps' Frightful & delightful, SU's Home Is Where the Haunt Is; paper: My Mind's Eye's Spooky Words DP, A1 Neenah Classic's Natural White, Paper Co's Kraft, Paper Reflections' Black card stocks; ink: Ranger's black soot distress ink, SU's Crumb Cake; accessories: unknown die cut house top, Buy-The-Spool black ric-rac ribbon; tools: Cuttlebug w Spellbinders Nestabilities Label 8

1 comment:

Janine said...

Love this Halloween card Sue!!