Sunday, October 10, 2010

don't you just LOVE Sunday Mornings?

I do! And I've found at least one site that displays some of the unique suns they've displayed after some of their show's segments. Sunday Morning's news at its best, IMHO. They cover the news behind the news in a feature story each week, and provide news about the arts and sciences as well. Today's show included a segment on bone marrow transplants; I'm on the registry and encourage everyone to register!

Today was a special telecast in another way, at least for me. I was SO looking forward to wishing my DH a happy 10-10-10 at 10:10:10 a.m., but he slept in late and had departed to gas the car and get our usual Sunday morning breakfast treat of donuts and coffee (he makes the BEST coffee ever, BTW!). And then, the show, being on top of all things newsworthy, made note of it being the 10th day of our 10th month in the year 2010.

Interested in another oddity about October 2010? I had two friends point out to me this past week that this October has 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays, which happens once every 823 years*. Now, wouldn't THAT be special?!

* well, it WOULD, but it's more like "every 6-11 years" - I checked on snopes.com and read that this past August had 5 of each, as well. If we stop to really think about it, every month of 31 days will have the 5 weekend days on the average of every 7 years, give or take a few years due to leap years (izzat capitalized or not?!) ... I'm just sayin' ...

No comments: