Saturday, October 23, 2010

at the movies

I saw Life As We Know It with Sue, Sue, 'n Barb this afternoon. It's interesting to get different folkes' interpretation of movies. This is a romantic comedy, my fav genre, one that my DH generally considers "chick flicks" and I usually reserve for when I can get together with my buddies SueB, SueS, and BarbW. In reviews I read today while snitching a picture to use, I see lots refer to it as a great date flick. Well, it was, and there were plenty of couples in the theater today when we went to see it.

I laughed, I cried, and laughed again (okay, LOTS more laughs than tears here). The whole audience was appreciative - busting out laughing at the silly parts, and weepy at the sad parts. It stars Katherine Heigl, Josh Duhamel, and Josh Lucas, with supporting parts by Christina Hendricks, Hayes MacArthur, and Jean Smart. They're all great here - t'riffic chemistry between the whole cast. This one's a 5 star flick - I'll definitely be checking it out again when the DVD's released!

No comments: