Monday, September 13, 2010

so thankful for you ...

... and all that you do! Remember my mentioning that I had a card that just didn't make it 'cuz the four leaf stamps were too much off-center? Well, I cut them out, matted them with black, and then double matted the set of four leaves. And my latest stamp set has such an appropriate sentiment - "so thankful for you and all that you do" can have multiple meanings!

My niece Jenn is recovering from a brutal car accident she and her son Nick were in back in late June. It's just amazing to watch her recovery. Now she's able to walk, talk, eat, drink, sit, kick ... things I don't think I'll ever take for granted again. Yep, friends, she's added walking to her list of recent accomplishments! She was using parallel bars with assistance yesterday and today she's moved up to a walker! And they removed the tube in her stomach today - that was the last of the tubes! I'm SO proud of her and all her hard work to get to this place! We visited yesterday - the whole Blondin clan on this visit - and took this pic of her resting in her hospital bed snuggling with friend Cherri (hmmnn ... 1 "r" or 2?).


I can't thank you enough for your continued prayers. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!
Praise: Jenn's using a walker, and her stomach peg/tube's removed
Prayer: Continued strength building in her arms and legs

stamps: SU's Falling Leaves; paper: Paper Reflections' black, SU's Kraft, Ruby Red, Summer Sun card stocks; ink: Ranger's black soot distress ink, SU's Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, Really Rust, Ruby Red; tools: Fiskars apron lace border

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It worked for me.I never thought its gonna be so easy.Thanks a lot for this lovely tutorial.

Essay Writing

Claudia said...

I love the re-do of the card! It is beautiful!