Sunday, August 22, 2010

CPS77 Eat, Drink, & Be Scary!

I'm still in my "green" phase, apparently, and used one of my fav color combos - black, white, and a punch of color - this time Kiwi Kiss topped off the Old Olive in the DP - in making the first of my Halloween cards of the year! I love the lovely and talented folkes at Card Patterns' blog, tho' I don't often make the time to play by their allotted deadline - and this week was no exception! This is from their CPS77 sketch challenge post.

I dunno whether my DH would agree with me or not, but I CAN be frugal in my stamp collecting! This witches' hat is from a SU demo used stamp set and it's teamed with a dollar stamp set from Joann's, of all places! I really like the shape of the spider stamp - that part and the oct. 31 stamps are from a ki memories stamp set that was originally priced inexpensively, at $4.99, but clearanced at 97¢ when I spotted 'em, so I snatched 'em up. I'm a sucker for bare trees, and this set has a terrifically spooky one in it, too. And, sigh, this must be one of those "beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder" examples in the stamp world, 'cuz I can't imagine parting with this SU Halloween set but I'm glad someone else didn't feel that way!

stamps: ki memories' Halloween Icons, SU's Eat, Drink & Be Scary; paper: SU's Cast-A-Spell DP, Paper Reflections' black and Staples' 110# white card stocks; ink: Ranger's Black Soot distress ink; tools: circle and round tab (used on inside) punches

No comments: