Monday, August 23, 2010

autumn is a second spring

Autumn is a second spring,
where every leaf's a flower.
~ Albert Camus

I love the sentiment and had almost forgotten that I had this stamp set. It's one of those "things I've found while looking for other things" sets. I was looking for one of my clear alphabet sets, but my clear stamp sets are all pretty much in one spot, where I was sorting them ... I'm starting to get my stamp sets a bit more organized, you see ... Wish me luck, eh?!

This one's clean and simple, using the CPS78 sketch challenge. I love cards that are white on white, cream on cream, etc., and this is a close one - methinks I'd consider it a monotone card! Hmmnn ... is that the word I'm searching for?! I sure don't mean to say it's monotonous! I used Versamark, Close to Cocoa, Sahara Sand, and Soft Suede (stamped off) to keep it soft and simple. I ended up using a blender pen and a touch of Sahara Sand and adding a line around the natural white card stock but went back in and made it more solid using Close to Cocoa marker ... sometimes it's hard to know when to quit! Oh, well ... I'm off to bed. G'nite and thanx for stopping by!

stamps: The Paper Co's Autumn Harvest; paper: SU's Bella Bleu DP, A1 Neenah Classic Natural White, SU's Kraft card stocks; ink: Versamark, SU's Close to Cocoa, Sahara Sand, Soft Suede; tools: slit punch, Ranger's distresser

3 comments:

LuAnn said...

oh wow - this is beautifully done! love how you kept your card simple - it just makes it stand out even more!

Agata said...

Lovely take on the sketch! I love simple! :) Thanks for playing along with us this week!

Misty said...

Simply beautiful. I love the saying too!