Monday, June 28, 2010

happy fourth

I'm cranking out Independence Day cards this week and here's the one I made after work this evening - using my latest SU stamp set, July Fourth. I made the flag from a QuicKutz die last year but hadn't used the scrapbook page it was originally made for, so recycled it today. I think I have enough scrap left to make one more card ... grins ...

Stacy's Curtain Call 36 color challenge calls for red, white, blue, and kraft - and that's my color combo for cards this year. I prefer the darker reds and blues for the 4th, and darker reds and greens for Christmas. I've been told those are country colors but it works for me. Maybe I'm living in the past, eh?! I look around my living room and that's what I have in furnishings and lap quilts here too.

Well, I'm off - still have baths to get ready and have to run my eldest to Blockbuster this evening. Talk at ya later!

stamps: SU's July Fourth; paper: CM's Neutral, The Paper Co's Kraft, and unknown Prism dark red and dark blue card stocks; ink: CTMH's Outdoor Denim; accessories: QuicKutz flag

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Cool card. I love the plain brown cardstock. It really makes the flag pop!

Sue said...

great card with a fabulous flag! Thanks for joining in the fun at Curtain Call this week! :)

Stacey Schafer said...

great CAS card, Sue! thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!