Saturday, May 22, 2010

thinking of you

When not making cards for anything specific in the near future, I sometimes make cards for various occasions to keep on hand. I seem to be in a "green" mood lately ... maybe belatedly because of Earth Day!? This DP is from a 12x12 sheet that is destined for a child's birthday card, and I thought I'd cut a section away to use in a card for embellish magazine's butterflies and black, green and kraft color challenge. Today's card is a two-fer as it's also for the FTL91 sketch challenge. The frond is another of my quarter stamp sets from Mega Meet. This set included an outline and solid image. I stamped the outline a few times in green on the green DP, then stamped the solid image in green, and outlined that in black. I'd never used ruffled ribbon in a card before, and it was a fun technique. I fudged a bit as I didn't locate the video tutorial on the technique until after I'd finished the card. The video's here - compliments of Ashley Cannon Newell. Sometimes I have an alternative motive for posting links ... it's often so that I can easily find things later, LOL!

stamps: Scrappy Cat's Botanicals, SU's Essence of Love; paper: Three Bugs in a Rug's stacked animals DP, Creative Memories' black, The Paper Co's Kraft card stocks; ink: Color Box's Frost White pigment ink, Ranger's black soot distress ink, SU's Gable Green; accessories: unknown green ruffled ribbon (yeah, it was even ruffled before I ruffled it!)

14 comments:

suzARTe said...

lovely card, the ribbon looks fantastic

Maile Belles said...

So very pretty, great ribbon detail! So glad you joined us in the Embellish Challenge!

Elizabeth C. said...

It's simple, it's pretty, and that ruffle really has 'wow' factor!

Kelly Massman said...

Beautiful card!

Melissa said...

great card! love the natural colors...

Marie said...

this is really eye catching and pretty. love what you did with the ribbon!

Carol said...

Beautiful card -- love the ruffled ribbon.

Rosemary said...

Love the ribbon treatment! So pretty!

Kimmi said...

Love the card. Thanks for posting the video I love video tutorials. What do you say about a little show and tell so I can look at it a little closer!

Anonymous said...

Oh Sue. If I don't get back to making cards, I don't think I ever will!!! I"m just glad I'm not an SU demonstrator. They'd kick me out on my butt!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Neat ribbon technique. Great job with the CAS sketch.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is so pretty, love that ruffle and DP!

Karen B. said...

I really enjoy your card, and that leaf too!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Great ruffled ribbon! Thanks so much for joining us in the Embellish Butterflies Challenge!