Saturday, January 9, 2010

whoo loves you?

My eldest brother's always had a thing for owls and in his late teens had a owl stone statue that he'd painted the eyes in day-glo colors. I think it's currently perched on a landing leading up to the 2nd floor of my folkes' house. Anyway, owls always make me think of him, so I made his Valentine's Day card today using one and utilizing the latest CPS148 sketch challenge. It's a 2-color card and both the smaller layers are matted and popped up using dimensionals. The ribbon was a close match but from a ribbon share of a couple years back. I'm a hoarder so have plenty remaining, LOL!

stamps: Hero Arts' Whoo Loves You, SU's Holiday & Wishes (inside Happy Valentine's Day sentiment); paper: SU's Soft Suede and Whisper White card stocks; ink: SU's Soft Suede; tools: Cuttlebug w Hearts embossing folder

3 comments:

Lea L. said...

This is super cute! I love the white on white and dry embossing! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

♥Lea

Godelieve said...

The stamp and CB folder work very well together! Great card!

Allison Rankin said...

Super layout and color choices Sue! Perfect choices for a guy card!