Thursday, January 7, 2010

an Avatar date night

My DH and I saw Avatar in IMAX 3D Wednesday and I'm giving it a 5/5 stars. My guy's a sci-fi fan and I thought he'd appreciate how well they're doing 3D movies lately by checking this one out on an IMAX screen. We're lucky in that there's an IMAX theater within a few miles of our house, and I took a few hours off so we'd have no problems getting to the 5 p.m. show early. I honestly thought we'd have the place almost to ourselves but it was almost a sell-out. I knew it'd been selling out in the weekends but hey, aren't all these folkes supposed to be at work?! My DH's previous experience with 3D had been back in their hokey days when the effects consisted of folkes screening a rope thrown that they'd 3D "throw" out into the audience, things like that ... well, the olden days are way gone. I've been to a few 3D flicks with my son recently but shown on regular screens and had shared that are special effects are subtle but made amazingly well nowadays. Well, I wholeheartedly recommend this one!

No comments: