Monday, June 8, 2009

happy b'day KAZ!

My sister shares her birthday with architect Frank Lloyd Wright and composer Robert Schumann, so I borrowed from both to make today's card. I love FLW and there are 20+ patterns of his windows available in cross stitch patterns. This is one of my favs, the tree of life piece, so it's appropriate that it's heading to my fav sis! It's based on this past week's OCC sketch challenge, below.

I scanned in the photo from the cross stitch design, used PhotoShop's color picker to pick out a couple colors from the design, and matted it - another digi creation. And the quote I used from Robert Schumann for the inside sentiment? "Talent works, genius creates."


stamps: n/a; carstock: unknown white; accessories: pink dotted swiss from a ribbon share

3 comments:

toners said...

This is awesome! Wow!

Vicki G said...

Lovely card~! Thanks for playing along with us!

Vicki

Yvonne said...

nice card