Tuesday, June 23, 2009

happy 4th, folkes!

I've been making a few Independence Day cards and this one's based on the CPS121 sketch challenge, below. I think I'll break down and either purchase the Nestabilities' stars next - this card could use a larger one but this size star was all I had on hand. I knew I had this red and cream striped paper on hand, but I didn't have any DP of a dark blue background with white stars, so I made this. I couldn't locate any plain stars so it's using the star flower center from my very first PAPERTREYink stamp set. This is a taller card - it fits into a business size #10 (US) envelope.

Hmmnn ... it's late and I'm tired or else I'd pull out my Silhouette and make some star punches. I'll update the picture after I've updated the star. What d'ya think? I'm leaning toward maybe a vellum star so we can see the kids on parade thru it!



stamps: Flourishes' Patriotism on Parade, PAPERTREYink's paper tray; paper: Rusty Pickle Molly Striped Pajamas DP, A1 Natural White, CTMH Outdoor Denim and The Paper Co Kraft cardstocks; ink: CTMH's Outdoor Denim

No comments: