Sunday, March 15, 2009

Iris Folding, anyone?

Another St. Pat's day card, this one's my first attempt at the Iris Folding technique. To make a long story short, I'd signed up for a class held this past Wednesday with a couple friends. We'd planned on making it a Gal's Day Out, were to meet another (supposedly) non-crafty friend in Frankenmuth for lunch, then lollygag about 'til the mid-afternoon class. I ended up having to work (boo! hiss!) and sent the (supposedly) non-crafty friend in my place - as the class fee was non-refundable. Well, my buds were sweeties and played on the sympathies of the instructor, and brought back a set of the class supplies for me! Awww ... (yeah, I could hear ya!) ...

Now, these AREN'T the class supplies. They made a flower and a cute l'il Easter chick as projects, using strips of wrapping paper. And I may have blown the actual technique as I didn't actually FOLD the strips of paper I used ... it was SU's DP and much heavier a weight than the wrapping paper and I didn't want to test my abilities by trying to fold the paper! BUT it's my first time, so be kind, okay?! I used a Marvy full heart punch to make a shamrock pattern, just tracing around the heart 3x and using a craft knife to cut out the shape on some white cardstock I had on hand. Then I laid the open section down on a triangle iris template I'd downloaded (here - hint: it prints well in landscape mode) and cut some strips of complementing DP into strips ... and the rest, as they say, is history! Thanx, LaurenM, for the kewl mytimess27 sketch!

stamps: studio g's series 26; paper: SU's Kiwi Kiss designer series paper patterns DP and cardstock, white cardstock on hand; ink: Brilliance Moonlight White, StazOn's Jet Black; accessories: SU's Kiwi Kiss ribbon, Marvy full heart punch, EK Success tab punch, dimensionals

No comments: