Monday, January 5, 2009

my heart is happy

I'd noticed this stamp set in a couple blogs recently and had planned on heading out in search of it - figuring to try Mike's or Walmart's this week to check local store supplies - but learned today I don't have to now! A few of my lunch crew gals had postponed our Christmas gift exchanges 'til after the holidays 'cuz one of our crew was away visiting her daughter. Today we returned to work and exchanged presents before lunch ... and voila! ... my buddy Kim gave me the stamp set in question! Whoo hoo! Thanx again, Kim!

This card's based on CPS' sketch #98, and used a few other new toys - I've begun picking up some of the border punches using my 40-50% off coupons and this is my first time using this and the heart punch, and I'd recently picked up some Valentine's Day studio g dollar stamps and used one for the sentiment. Thanx for stopping by! If you've time, care to share what stamping supplies you got for Christmas?

stamps: Martha Stewart's Christmas tree stamps, studio g's series 26; paper: SU's Riding Hood Red Patterns Designer Series DP, Whisper White cardstock; ink: StazOn Jet Black; tools: Martha Stewart lacy border and Marvy mega heart punches

4 comments:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is so good......

Nicole Maki said...

Stunning card. The red and white is so crisp and classic. Love all the details.

Anonymous said...

Love the birds. LOVE the pattern in the heart. Are both of those in the same set?

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty!! One of my fave border punches! :) Thanks for playing at CPS this past week!

~Lea