Sunday, November 16, 2008

peace

After lunch w friends Saturday I stopped by my local JoAnn's to support the local economy (we've a new Hobby Lobby in town and I ALMOST supported the local economy THERE, but learned they don't accept competitors' coupons! Whazzup w THAT?!). FWIW, both the local JoAnn's and Mike's accept each others' coupons, and I had 5 coupons burning a hole in my pocket that all expired yesterday so you'll be glad to know I made good use of 'em, LOL (40% off 4 larger priced items and 10% off the rest of my order)! Our JoAnn's is a big anchor store, and for the stuff I was looking for, their selection was a whole lot better than that at Hobby Lobby. The new kid in town was the clear winner in number of customers in their store, and I'm looking forward to scoping out their stamping selection in the near future. I'm hopeful that the new competition has our Mike's thinking of refurbishing their local store; I've read some nice stuff in blogs lately of those Mike's that've taken the plunge already.

This glittered chipboard piece, "Peace," was among the dollar bin stuff I picked up while in the checkout line (I know, I'm as bad as my kids). It made me think of my Dad - he used to greet and end conversations with it and I'd picked up a peace sentiment stamp a few years back, thinking of him. So here's wishing you all peace this early Sunday morning!

stamps:
studio g (inside) sentiment; paper: SU's Real Red, Whisper White cardstocks; ink: StazOn's Jet Black; accessories: SU's Real Red grosgrain ribbon

No comments: