Sunday, November 30, 2008

gourds get inked!

I mentioned to my buddy Mary that I'd picked up a used stamp that I thought complimented this Fall Harvest stampin' around. I used it on the front of this vellum piece, then embossed the berries and outlines of the gourds and watercolored it from the rear, making it appear very muted IRL ... tho' I must admit I don't have a clue as to what color these gourds should be ... let's call it taking artistic license, LOL! I'm assuming that large one's zucchini but what's with that rough-textured gourd, eh?! The card's layout is based on sketch #36 challenge at the Whiff of Joy blog, and I'm a sucker for the TT borderline stamps and probably have 4-5 sets - they're addictive.

PB's brothers were on the receiving end of the square Thanksgiving cards and the largest card size I generally tackle - these measure 5-1/2" square. PB's brothers are twins, and one lives pretty close to us while the other's in New York and we don't see nearly as often as we'd like. My Thanksgiving cards were late to them; we'll see how well I do on sending Christmas cards in a timely manner. PB (my other half) offered to drop them at the Holly MI post office this year so they'll potentially have a Christmas-y cancellation stamp. I'll have to mail one envelope to our home address to see whether the village of Holly makes them special.

stamps: PSX K-3183 gourds, SU's Fall Harvest, studio g's series 20, Technique Tuesday's Borderline: Holidays; paper: graphic 45 Botanicabella Collection, SU's More Mustard, Really Rust, Vellum and Whisper White cardstocks; ink: StazOn Jet Black, SU's Always Artichoke, Close To Cocoa, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust; accessories: eyelets from a previous eyelet share (Heidi of Hedgehog Ink blog fame - if you order any tell her Sue sent ya and she should reward me by sending me some brads! hey, it could happen!)

1 comment:

Jan Scholl said...

evil evil. A PSX stamp I never saw and it's not on ebay. Another one for my lust blog.

this is great-the colors are pretty accurate based on the gourds I saw at the farmers market.