Sunday, August 24, 2008

new H card

Not "new age" but "new H" - short for Halloween, natch'! This is my first Halloween card of the year. I'd picked up some new-to-me goodies at a garage sale held at my fav LSS yesterday but when I walked in I spotted some cute Halloween-themed paper and HAD to have it. YOU know how it goes!

I'd not intended to hide all the pretty paper but that's how the card developed. I decided the ric-rac ribbon was too cute to not add, and ended up drawing over the witches' stockings to match the orange in the ribbon and window. This card's inspired by Her Royal Badness, Sherry Cheever ... and you know me and card challenges; it's also for the CPS #79 sketch!

stamps:
Stampendous' mini witch shoes, studio g's "trick or treat" (inside sentiment); papers: Reminisce's Verbal Creep DP, Paper Reflections' black, SU's More Mustard and So Saffron card stocks; ink: StazOn's Jet Black, PC-generated outside sentiment; accessories: Reminisce's diecut stickers and Rusty Pickle Big Top trims

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute card - wish I could have made the sale - you know you can never have to many toys!!! lol

shelly said...

lol oh i LOVE this card so very much!!!!! awesome awesome! tfs shelly

Lea L. said...

How CUTE are the witch legs sticking out from under the house??!! Love it! Thanks for playing at CPS this week!

~lea

Linda Beeson said...

Oh no, this is so cute! Love a card that has to make you laugh! Great use of the CPS sketch.

Kathryn said...

Very cute Halloween card -- love the witches feet sticking out of the Haunted House -- Oh so cute! :)

Sherry Cheever said...

Oh my BADness! This is flippin' FABULOUS! You have most certainly done that sentiment justice -- I LOVE it!!!!

Deborah March said...

Oooohhh, just so CUTE!

Jenny Mick said...

Love this card! What a cute idea!

Laura Williams said...

Oh gracious, so stinkin' cute! Love the witches legs!!!!

Charity Hassel said...

aak!~ this is ooh too fabulous! thanks for sharing your marvelous take on the cps sketch!