Sunday, April 20, 2008

it's belated this year

My brother-in-law's b'day recently passed so I've made his belated b'day card based on Jen's SFYTT weekend sketch. I picked up this pretty geneology-themed paper this past weekend at my fav LSS with the intention of breaking it down to pieces and it went so nicely with the soft seafoam green/aqua ribbon ... sigh ... IRL it looks SO much prettier! I used the negative inking technique and swiped the brown ink across the flat side of the embossing folder before running the cardstock thru the machine. Now I've gotta whip up a card for his twin!

stamps: SU's Short & Sweet; paper: Paper Loft's grandma's house DP, Prism's unknown aqua/seafoam green and dark brown cardstocks; ink: ColorBox's Dark Brown chalk ink; accessories: unknown ribbon; tools: Cuttlebug w Textile BK embossing folder, Fiskar's Spring stencil

1 comment:

Claudia said...

What a beautiful card. I'm jealous! I haven't had much time to stamp lately and I miss it!