Thursday, March 6, 2008

it's baby time

This is one of those times where the DP made the statement - absolutely no stamps were used in the making of this card! Go figure!

I made this card for my boss ... or rather, her daughter, to give to one of her teachers who's pregnant, based on Lauren Meader's onesie tutorial. I LOVED the paper and originally thought to make another for my next-door neighbor's daughter, whose baby's due on the 22nd. That gal's sister had a nice idea for a shower I recently attended w another neighbor gal - she'd asked everyone to pick up baby books in place of greeting cards. Well, I'd already MADE a card, don't 'cha know, so I ended up giving her a couple sound books from my boys. I've since picked up some beautiful pink paper for that baby card and hope to make another onesie card for when the baby actually arrives later this week. I was going to add a beautiful Prima flower on some pretty ribbon that pulled out the greens of the stripes but it just seemed to be "too much," y'know?! So, OK, on to the deets!

stamps: none; paper: Karen Foster's Story Time Collage DP, American Traditional Design's Welcome Baby (striped) vellum, ColorMates' Light Outdoorsy Olive cardstock, SU's Whisper White cardstock (behind vellum), The Paper Company's clear vellum (inside sentiment); ink: PC printed sentiment

2 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh...this is so cute!!! I love those new onesie cards...and I like the Karen Foster DP - it's perfect for it!!!

One of these days I have to make one too!!! Thanks again for sharing!!!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Adorable!!! That paper is perfect for this. So super cute! Thanks for sharing it with me