Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Sometimes simple's best; I purchased this soon-to-be-retired stamp set used from Crystal and though I've colored in the images in the past, I think it looks wonderful just stamped too!

My boss gave me a cash gift for Christmas this year (God bless her! She knows I'm into stamping and needlework and USED to give me a local mall gift card, but as the mall had nothing to fulfill either addiction she's since seen the light and I'm SO pleased! Thanx, Susan (wink)!) so I've been hitting eBay auctions and blog posts of Stampin' Up! reps who I admire scoping out their "for sale" posts, and supporting the local economy! What a blast! ... more about that later!

I celebrated with family and friends today and we had a wonderful time. If you've not tried the Portabello mushroom and black pepper rubbed pork loin from Sam's, run - don't walk - and pick some up! Everyone raved and I thanked 'em all graciously ... but quite honestly, all I did was wrap it in aluminum foil and set the stove at 350 degrees! My sis' brought up her Cheesy Potato Supreme, my youngest bro' brought up rolls, and I made green bean casserole and opened a can of cranberry jellied sauce. For dessert one niece brought muffins and cut fruit, my Mom brought my fav dessert - her raison spice cake (it's recipe is on an earlier post) - and Boston creme pie (had I mentioned I hail from Boston? we have some family property that's located next to some cranberry bogs just outside Kingston and cranberry sauce is a staple in my family get-together meals). Another niece brought up some light blush wine but I'd supplied 3 bottles of sparkling cider that we went thru and we all forgot about the wine ... so it'll wait 'til we ring in the new year!

Hope you all had a merry Christmas too!

stamps: GinaK's believe script, SU's City of David; paper: SU's Whisper White, Prism's Road; ink: Brilliance Jet Black and Ranger's Walnut Stain (BTW the combo looks AWESOME in person! I MUST pick up more of that cardstock!)

No comments: