Wednesday, September 26, 2007

ready for halloween

Halloween's one of my favorite holidays! I like to make up treat pkgs for the kids to bring to school, and always liked participating in their holiday programs when they were little. Now that they've grown, I generally just decorate my mantle and front door for the holidays.

I've liked this SU halloween stamp set - home is where the haunt is - since I first laid eyes on it, and figured I'd better pick up a set before it was discontinued! I used ColorMate's desert dune card stock and stamped SU's spooky skyline in Versamark, then added the matted picture smudged with ColorBox's burnt sienna ink, my latest color. The moon's stamped in ColorBox's peach pastel and the rest is stamped in Brilliance's graphite black.

Leaning toward being frugal, I've not yet sprung for a photo corner punch. Instead, I just cut a square, then slice it in half diagonally, and clip out the centers to match. I'd lucked out on a t'riffic deal on eyelets from Heidi of Hedgehog Ink (if you order, tell her SueB sent ya!), and one of the colors was a dead-on match, as you can see from the pic!

Anywho, this was my eldest son's favorite of this year's halloween cards to date!